I think I bought this from Target or maybe Sally’s. I wanted to try it for a while but I could never find it in stock. Finally, when I wasn’t looking, I saw a jar and picked it up. I don’t remember the price. It was less than $10 for 4 ounces of product.
This product smells amazing. It’s a sweet scent. but not overwhelming. It’s a clear, firm jelly like consistency. The jar is pretty small and it’s difficult for me to get the product out of the jar because I have long nails.
Let me say first that I have 4b edges that are not at all silky in any way. I don’t try to lay them down because they don’t lay down. It doesn’t bother me at all. I actually don’t see the point of bothering with edges when the rest of the hair is kinky/nappy, what have you. That said, I don’t use products like this so I have nothing to compare it to. I have used Ecostyler gel which has no effect on my edges.
That said, I was really impressed by this product. My edges were smoothed down well with this product. It is sticky, but not too sticky. The scent lingers a bit, but I like that. The effects don’t last very long on my hair though…I’d say after an hour my edges are back to their usual state. Perhaps this product would work better in a less humid climate…
The Curls brand uses a lot of natural ingredients. This company is black owned! I do try to stick to black owned brands for my natural hair products. You can purchase this line in many stores on the ground, including Target and now Sally’s. The smell of this particular product is amazing. A little bit of product goes a long way. I don’t need to use a scarf or anything. It works instantly.
While it does slick down my hair well, it doesn’t last very long. The jar is small for the price. Due to the size of the jar, it’s difficult to get the product out (though I do keep my nails long).
I’m not sure if I’ll purchase again. Overall I do think this product is okay. I’m still on the fence as to whether or not I’ll bother with an edge pomade. I still want to try a few more products in this line.
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Mini Braids- Update Week 3
- Preventing Frizzy Braids
- Ebook: The Mini Braid Method
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates braids code coupon discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky kinky hair length check long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins