It’s finally here! A video tutorial of how I do my mini braids. It’s hard to fit all the details in a short video, so my ebook is the best place to learn exactly how I maintain my hair in braids. Subscribe to my YouTube channel Thrifty Natural for more videos!
As my previous article stated, I’m still searching for a hairstyle that’s perfect for trips away. I think wash and goes work for weekend trips. I’ve yet to find something that’s good for 3+ days away. I want to avoid having to style or wash my hair for at least a week. I usually […]
I’ve written many times about how important it is to braid the length of a braid tightly. I realize some braiders have a technique that does not allow them to braid tight enough for the braids (big or mini) to last a long time. I think technique is also the key to braidouts with good […]
So I’ve had a few questions on how I do my braid outs. I planned to do a detailed pictorial but I can’t find the battery door for my Canon so I was only able to take a few cell phone pictures. I’ll do my best to explain what I do to get the results.
Here’s a list of tips to keep in mind while undoing your mini braids. I’m almost half way through the process of taking out my braids that were started on May 26th, I believe.
1. Hair should be well moisturized.
Soft, moisturized braids are much easier to pull apart. My hair at the moment has […]
There are a few methods you can use to minimize frizz while you wash your mini braids. If you braids are prone to unraveling, you will need to secure the ends of your braids with ponytail holders using a method that will be outlined in a post at a later date. (whew, that’s 1 long […]
Here some remedies for unraveling braids use one or a combination of them to help your braids last longer.
1. Braid Uneven Pieces of Hair This is the appropriate route only if your hair is freshly cut and very blunt. Blunt hair may not hold braids well. Instead of braiding with 3 equal pieces of […]
Frizzy braids can be salvaged somewhat with a few methods for stretching the hair.
After you’ve done everything you can to prevent frizz (see my article for more information),
There are a few things you can do to temporarily make frizzy braids look better. These styles are shown on a small portion of […]
The first line of defense against frizzy and fuzzy braids is prevention. 🙂 Frizz on braids is caused mostly by short hairs coming out of the braids and sticking straight up and out. New growth can also cause the braids to look frizzy but most mini braid wearers will not have significant growth until about […]
I won’t recommend specific products because everyone’s hair behaves differently. When in mini braids, products will not be thoroughly rinsed from the hair. Products with synthetic ingredients are more likely to cause buildup than all-natural products. All natural products are usually water soluble.
The amount of product you use on your mini braids should be […]
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- Wash and Go: Aunt Jackie's Curl La La (Long Post w/Pics)
- Ebook: The Mini Braid Method
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
- Tutorial: Braided High Bun
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates bogo braids code conditioner coupon coupon code discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins