This is the last style diary photo set from my summer 2014 mini braids. I went to a friend’s birthday dinner and wore a lace skater dress. To complement the look, I wore my hair in a low bun with cornrows that were pinned at the back. This style was great to hide my frizzy […]
I spent my 4-day Thanksgiving weekend (plus a few days during the week) braiding my hair. I did things a little different from my usual routine (which can be found in the ebook).
I was feeling lazy so I washed with VO5 sulfate shampoo and deep conditioned for […]
The short answer is no. I’ll provide a long answer to this with an explanation as to why I don’t believe in ‘greasing’ the scalp.
Grease has long been the go to product in the black hair care market. Growing up, it was all I ever used on my hair and the only thing my […]
Many of us deal with increased itchiness when in braids or other protective styles. Here are a few remedies that will help stop the itching.
1. Wash Your Hair
2. Wash Your Hair
3. Wash Your HURRRRR!!!!!!
For real though, wash your hair if it’s itching. Wash it- don’t pat, don’t ignore it, don’t […]
It’s that time again. The weeks have seriously flown by. Thanks for the continuing support along the way. I had these braids in for 4 weeks! I’ll go at least another 4 weeks because they are in such great shape.
During this past week, I trimmed each and every braid and cut off split ends […]
Mini braids are by far the very best thing for working out with afro textured hair. Every once in a while I like to work out like this:
But a fro ain’t practical. Even with mini braids, I have to secure the hair somehow so I don’t have braids […]
I’ve been asked what styles can be done on short mini braids. I’ll publish a few suggestions that can work well if your hair is short, long and in between.
Milkmaid braids are simple, if you know how to cornrow… If you don’t know how to cornrow, now is the best time to learn! Braiding […]
My niece will be spending the rest of her summer with her father who is stationed a few states away. I thought it was time for a fresh new hairstyle for her airplane ride and her time with daddy. Her last set of braids are shown here.
It took a long time to […]
Here some remedies for unraveling braids use one or a combination of them to help your braids last longer.
1. Braid Uneven Pieces of Hair This is the appropriate route only if your hair is freshly cut and very blunt. Blunt hair may not hold braids well. Instead of braiding with 3 equal pieces of […]
Frizzy braids can be salvaged somewhat with a few methods for stretching the hair.
After you’ve done everything you can to prevent frizz (see my article for more information),
There are a few things you can do to temporarily make frizzy braids look better. These styles are shown on a small portion of […]
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- Wash and Go: Aunt Jackie's Curl La La (Long Post w/Pics)
- Ebook: The Mini Braid Method
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
- Tutorial: Braided High Bun
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates bogo braids code conditioner coupon coupon code discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins