It’s finally here! A video tutorial of how I do my mini braids. It’s hard to fit all the details in a short video, so my ebook is the best place to learn exactly how I maintain my hair in braids. Subscribe to my YouTube channel Thrifty Natural for more videos!
There’s not much information across the web as of yet. I’ll fill in details as they come and delete vendors who are not having sales this year. Visit vendor’s respective sites for most up-to-date and accurate information.
Vendors marked with an asterisk [*] are black owned businesses.
This is the last style diary photo set from my summer 2014 mini braids. I went to a friend’s birthday dinner and wore a lace skater dress. To complement the look, I wore my hair in a low bun with cornrows that were pinned at the back. This style was great to hide my frizzy […]
Yet another bun. I mostly pull my mini braids into a messy top knot bun, but if I’m going out, I go for something a bit more interesting. This particular night I made several large asymmetrical flat twists, then did a classic bun.
Recently, I had the opportunity to interview Renee Dawes, the creator and owner of NaturelleGrow– Healthy Hair Growth Products. The NaturelleGrow product lineup includes cleansers, conditioners, moisturizers, and growth oils and balms to meet your needs.
1. How did you get started making handcrafted cosmetics?
I started handcrafting products early in my hair journey. For […]
Hair vitamins are somehow becoming more and more popular. Competitors are still popping up. Manetabolism is a product from the Mane Choice product line owned by YouTuber- CourtneyNaturalHair. I was very skeptical about this one especially since it was started by someone on YouTube and her hair was already really long (without the use of […]
I wrote in a post in January that I had some breakage at the crown of my head. The last 2-3 inches of hair in that area tapered significantly. I think the breakage was due to wear top knot buns every night and most days. I’d been trying not to wear any styles that could […]
My bun looks thick right? Well it’s deceptively thick. I used the bun method posted by MsDanti on YouTube. Here’s a pic tutorial on how I modified it for my mini braids…
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Mini Braids- Update Week 3
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- Preventing Frizzy Braids
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates braids code coupon discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky kinky hair length check long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins