It’s finally here! A video tutorial of how I do my mini braids. It’s hard to fit all the details in a short video, so my ebook is the best place to learn exactly how I maintain my hair in braids. Subscribe to my YouTube channel Thrifty Natural for more videos!
Here’s a roundup of Black Friday (November 28, 2014) natural hair care vendor sales from around the web. Some listings include Cyber Monday and Small Business Saturday deals. Click on the vendor names to visit their respective websites. I will be out of the country with limited time to use the internet while away. I’m […]
This is the last style diary photo set from my summer 2014 mini braids. I went to a friend’s birthday dinner and wore a lace skater dress. To complement the look, I wore my hair in a low bun with cornrows that were pinned at the back. This style was great to hide my frizzy […]
Yet another bun. I mostly pull my mini braids into a messy top knot bun, but if I’m going out, I go for something a bit more interesting. This particular night I made several large asymmetrical flat twists, then did a classic bun.
Recently, I had the opportunity to interview Renee Dawes, the creator and owner of NaturelleGrow– Healthy Hair Growth Products. The NaturelleGrow product lineup includes cleansers, conditioners, moisturizers, and growth oils and balms to meet your needs.
1. How did you get started making handcrafted cosmetics?
I started handcrafting products early in my hair journey. For […]
I’ve been maintaining my niece’s natural hair since she was around 2 years old. She’s turning 7 in August. Her hair is very kinky, with no visible curl pattern (4b/4c). She stays in protective styles pretty much year round. Her mom did her last few styles which were about 10-15 braids with ponytail holders at […]
I was graciously gifted these Original Moxie products for review.
This is my first time using a no foam cleanser with a conditioner-like consistency. It will take some getting used to. I probably used way too much of this. I think in the future, I will dilute […]
I rarely do this but if I’m crunched for time, I will blowdry my hair prior to braiding. I braided my sister’s hair this weekend and she had to drive back to her city, leaving me only a day to put her mini braids in. It took about 6 hours start to finish to […]
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Mini Braids- Update Week 3
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- Preventing Frizzy Braids
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates braids code coupon discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky kinky hair length check long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins