It’s finally here! A video tutorial of how I do my mini braids. It’s hard to fit all the details in a short video, so my ebook is the best place to learn exactly how I maintain my hair in braids. Subscribe to my YouTube channel Thrifty Natural for more videos!
The Ebook is your one stop guide to growing your hair long using long-term protective styling like mini braids.
I had my hair blown out for a few days. I went to Scotland and my hair looked a mess from almost 4 hours of hiking and just generally not spending any time to keep it somewhat maintained in rainy, muggy weather. I was so over my hair that when I got back, I immediately […]
I’ve had my braids out for a while. I’ll post a hair update after this article. I didn’t take any pictures during the take down process. It took me about 3 days to undo all of the braids. I wore mini braids for about 5 1/2 weeks.
Here are a two styles I wore while […]
I finally braided my hair again. I used the same routine as always. You can find my detailed braiding routine in my ebook. I shampooed with a product from my hotel in NYC. It was an organic brand called Pharmacopia and I actually really liked the shampoo and […]
I’ve been a bad blogger lately. I have quite a few articles that have been sitting in draft form for months. In the next few weeks I plan to return to my weekly publishing schedule.
I’ve also braided my hair for the first time in a long time. I did them over 3 days and […]
If you have a tight or zig-zag curl pattern, it’s important to pay careful attention to your ends. If your ends do not naturally spiral curl, they can tangle more easily. Recently, I braided my niece’s hair. I didn’t have time to complete the whole thing, so I told my sister to do the rest. […]
I had my last set of mini braids in for about 5 weeks. My roots grew out quite a bit. Here are some tips for caring for mini braids with new growth.
Be extra gentle. The hair at the roots is loose and can easily break if braids are pulled too tightly. The tighter you pull […]
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- My Mini Braids- Update Week 3
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- Preventing Frizzy Braids
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates braids code coupon discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky kinky hair length check long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins