I was sent the Silk18 Natural Hair Conditioner with Shea Butter & Jojoba Oil by Maple Holistics for review. I’ve previously reviewed the Winter Blend Shampoo and Conditioner.
I was extremely (yes, extremely) eager to try this conditioner. The ingredients have everything that my hair loves and needs- silk amino acids, aloe vera, keratin- to name a few. My hair is super fine and fragile and needs a lot of protein- for strength and moisture- to keep it from drying out and snapping off. From the description alone, I figured this could be a holy grail product for me.
The first thing I noticed was the scent. It’s a very strong vanilla scent. It’s pleasant and not at all overwhelming. The conditioner consistency is smooth. It spread quite easily over my hair. It did an excellent job of softening my hair. Immediately, I could feel the difference. My coils and curls and naps clumped together and it was fairly easy to finger detangle my hair.
The ingredients are protein based and meant to strengthen. That is absolutely what my hair needs. My hair didn’t necessarily feel strengthened after one use- but that makes it great for daily or weekly conditioning- I assume hair wouldn’t get that hard protein feeling from continued use. The scent was nice and lingered a bit. My bf actually mentioned that my hair smelled nice and he never notices that sort of thing, lol. It was easy to detangle with it and it provided a lot of slip without the need to use tons of product.
The biggest con for me is that I’m now in England and can’t get ahold of this product as easily. 🙁
I’m not at all a product junkie. However, I do think I’ve tried a fair share of natural conditioners. This is by fair my favorite one. It works well for my hair and I wouldn’t be surprised if others found it just as moisturizing. The slip is amazing as well. My curls and coils clumped together, making it perfect for using before a wash and go. I would definitely purchase the larger bottle during a sale and make a haul of it. It would be nice with a pump as well. Click here to purchase from Maple Holistics.
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- Wash and Go: Aunt Jackie's Curl La La (Long Post w/Pics)
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- My Current Hairstyle- Loose Twists with Braided Roots
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
- Preventing Frizzy Braids
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates bogo braids code conditioner coupon coupon code discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins