I finally braided my hair again. I used the same routine as always. You can find my detailed braiding routine in my ebook. I shampooed with a product from my hotel in NYC. It was an organic brand called Pharmacopia and I actually really liked the shampoo and conditioner (that I used while on vacation). I conditioned with Giovanni Nutrafix…I had forgotten how much I loved this stuff! I left it on for a few minutes then finger detangled.
I used my Shea Moisture hibiscus styling milk (can’t remember the exact name) as a leave in. Afterwards, I coated the whole length of my hair in my shea butter mix and put it my hair in 6 braids to dry overnight. I took down 1 section at a time and braided in rows. I only used a rat tail comb to part, I did not use a brush or comb at all to detangle (last time I used one was in November). Here’s the method I use for parting my hair for braiding- Parting on a Grid.
It took me 3 days to braid my hair. I braid for a few hours and stop when I want to. I could have easily finished the last bit on day 2, but I didn’t bother. I probably had a 1 inch square section left, lol. I didn’t take any pictures of the process because I’ve done so so many times before. Look under the “My Mini Braids” category to see all my braid related posts. Specifically, here is my last set of mini braids from July 2014.
I haven’t washed these yet, I’m enjoying the look without the shrinkage. It’s weird that my braids are long now. I still remember when they didn’t even reach my ears. I did curl my ends with sponge rollers the first day. I wore them in a bun so they got a little crinkly. For these pictures, I smoothed the braids out and bumped the ends with a flat iron on low heat. This was the first time I used heat on my braids and I liked the results. I’ll most likely wear these for about 6 weeks.
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Parting on a Grid
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- Preventing Frizzy Braids
- My Experience with MD Nutri Hair Supplement by Susan F. Lin, MD
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates braids code conditioner coupon coupon code discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky length check long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins