As promised, here’s the tut for my quick bun. It actually takes less than 5 minutes. This is my go-to work hairstyle after co-washing. I always wash my hair at night and allow it to dry overnight. Excuse how rough I look in this tutorial. I started taking pics then intended to do it some other time, but I’ve straightened my hair so these will have to do for now.
What You’ll Need:
- Stretchy headband- preferably with no metal closure
- Large hair pins (not bobby pins) 2 or more
I should have numbered the pics, read from left to right, top to bottom.
- If you have a lot of hair, like me, cowash in the shower and tilt your head back and use the water to coax all your hair to lay towards the back.
- Put the headband around your neck and double band it. Hold it in the front so it’s not tight around your neck or uncomfortable.
- Push the headband back towards your crown. This is similar to how you would make a puff on short natural hair.
- The headband should be positioned so it is secure- not sliding up or down. The opening will be quite large, as shown.
- Take a chunk of hair and twist it starting towards the ends. The twist should be loose, but secure enough that it does not come undone.
- Make 3 large twists on each side.
- Take each twist and tuck the ends of it under the headband. Loop the end around again to make sure it stays in place.
- Once all the twists are tucked in (with each side going in towards the back of your head) spread and fluff the hair to create the shape and height that you like.
- Use hair pins to secure any loose bits of hair. I also put a hair pin in the front to hold it and at the back to make sure the headband was completely covered up with hair.
I hope that helps. Here’s the finished product again. The style takes just a few minutes. I add moisturizer and shea butter on loose damp hair. I put some shea butter on my edges and brush them up. You can use a product with hold if you like to make the edges look neater. I don’t bother with that because my edges look the same not matter what. In the pics below, this is day 3 of my bun.
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Mini Braids- Update Week 3
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- Preventing Frizzy Braids
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates braids code coupon discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky kinky hair length check long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins