My bun looks thick right? Well it’s deceptively thick. I used the bun method posted by MsDanti on YouTube. Here’s a pic tutorial on how I modified it for my mini braids…
What you’ll need: Ponytail holder and a handful of hair pins(not bobby pins). You’ll need to stuff hair into the pins so these work better than bobby pins. Start with about 5 and grab more if you need to.
Place hair in high ponytail at crown of head. Secure it by looping twice. Choose a color that can be camouflaged (brown/black, etc…).
Separate a small section of hair to form the side of the bun. This is sort of like a ballerina bun so place your finger in the middle of your ponytail to figure out how much hair will go into each curved side. If you need to, secure the rest of the braids out of the way. I am working with the braids in my right hand.
Here is the top view of two completed rolls. I’m leaning my head back here. Spread the braids where the two rolls meet to close any gaps. Tuck the stray braids into the bun or into the closest pin.
Here’s the same two rolls from another angle. You can see the gap here. I’m looking forward into the camera with my head down. I promise I’m clothed, lol.
Finished bun from another day. It’s not very neat because it was the end of a long day and I was constantly playing with it. You can push the sides up and mold the bun into the shape you want it. Add a few more pins if you need to. 🙂
If you’re looking for a short cut, there are a ton of bun accessories on the market now. Hot Buns are great for a quick braided or loose bun. Click below to purchase online.
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- Wash and Go: Aunt Jackie's Curl La La (Long Post w/Pics)
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- My Current Hairstyle- Loose Twists with Braided Roots
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
- Preventing Frizzy Braids
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates bogo braids code conditioner coupon coupon code discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins