Here’s the list of products I use start to finish- every time I braid. Occasionally there will be other products in my routine but these are the main items I cannot do without. Click on the products for reviews and information on where to purchase.
After shampooing and deep treating my hair, I moisturize with Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk. I put my hair in large braids and let it dry overnight. I braid on dry hair and when I’m done with the mini braids, I spray the ends with a mix of water and aloe vera juice (amazon page). I seal my ends with Bath and Body Works Massage Butter.
Maintaining Mini Braids:
While maintaining my mini braids, I cowash with Giovanni Nutrafix Conditioner. I moisturize with Giovanni Direct Leave In. I seal my ends with Castor Oil (amazon page) or Proclaim Argan Oil. To relieve any scalp itchiness or get a deeper cleansing, I use Home Health Scalp Treatment (amazon link) diluted with water. Sometimes I spray it on prior to cowashing. Other times, I’ll spray it on after a workout for a cooling effect.
Undoing Mini Braids:
To undo my braids, I use a mix of water and conditioner in a spray bottle. At this point, I may use a conditioner with silicones or other hard to rinse out ingredients. In my spray bottle now is about 70% water and 30% Skala Conditioner (amazon link). Skala was available for $1 in Big Lots but I don’t see it anymore. I’m also trying to cut out cones and other bad stuff so I won’t repurchase. I’ll use Aussie Moist as a substitute and when I run out of that I’ll find an all natural conditioner with a lot of slip.
Here’s a pic of all the products I use:
1st Photo (top row then bottom row, left to right): Skala and water mix; aloe vera juice and water mix; Shea Moisture Milk; B&BW Massage Butter
2nd Photo: Giovanni Direct Leave In; Castor Oil; Giovanni Nutrafix; Massage Butter; Proclaim Argan Oil
- Hairfinity Hair Growth Vitamin Review
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- How To: Good Braiding Technique vs. Bad Braiding Technique
- How To: Help My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Mini Braids That Last
- How To: Parting On A Grid
- My Braidout Explained
- My Mini Braids- A History
- Top 5 Mistakes Made When Braiding
- Top 5 Tips for Undoing Mini Braids
Top Posts & Pages
- My Experience With Hairfinity: Hair Growth Vitamins
- Frizz and Extension Braids
- My Experience With Manetabolism: Manetabolism vs Hairfinity
- How To: Help! My Braids Are Unraveling
- How To: Parting on a Grid
- My Experience With Biotin- 5,000 mcg
- How To: Protecting Edges While Wearing Braids
- How To: My Braids Are Frizzy, Now What?
- Preventing Frizzy Braids
- My Experience with MD Nutri Hair Supplement by Susan F. Lin, MD
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tags4a 4B 4C 2013 afro hair apl articles before and after black friday blog updates braids code conditioner coupon coupon code discount fast growth fast hair growth growth hairfinity hair growth hair vitamins how to kinky length check long hair minibraidmethod mini braids my mini braids natural hair pictures product review progress pics promo promo code review sale sales shea moisture style diary style tutorial the mini braid method tutorial Uncategorized vitamins